Saturday, October 1, 2011

Hello! How Are Ya!!

Well...here we go.  I'm jumping (re: taking a hesitant step) into the world of blogging.  So, here is my post informing you of the fact:

I'm starting a blog!!  Yay!!

I'm not fully convinced that I have much to offer...well, some days I feel that way.  Other days, I'm quite confident of the fact that if everyone did exactly as I say (not necessarily do, of course), they would be healthier/happier/_________.

...but we'll save that for another day.... 

I tend to ramble, hence the name.  I might have been known to rant about some things...ok, ok, a LOT of things.  That explains the "rants."  I'm not sure about the "riddles" part...I suppose my ramblings or rants (or both) have a tendency to devolve into riddles, but mostly I just needed another "R" word.

I've always viewed blogs as rather self-indulgent (while feeling slightly superior), then I had to remind my hypocritical self of the many hours I've spent on Facebook....oops!  So, here I am, inviting those of you who care into a portion of my little world.  I'm definitely not an accomplished writer...I leave that up to my dad and older sister, but I've learned a little bit here and there.  Some of that hard-gained knowledge might help someone else.  I can't promise I won't get a little preachy, but I'll try really hard not to go overboard.  Mostly, my blog will be about things that interest me:  marriage, parenting, food and home.  Hopefully, those things will interest you as well!

Looking back over this disjointed post, I'm realizing how sadly my writing skills have suffered in the world of short Facebook or texting bursts.  Ah well...maybe blogging will help polish things a little...

....or not.....

Ok...I'm going to publish this now....

....click the button, Jessica....

No comments:

Post a Comment